Image Map

8/25/2012

I'm D-O-N-E. Pics of my finished classroom.


Update June 2012 
**I'm linking this post with The Applicious Teacher.  I know that birdies and green/blue are very popular this year.  Maybe someone will get inspiration:)  
For the 2013-2014 School Year I plan on decorating with Mermaids.  I'm also making some class decor packs for friends at work that you'll find in my TpT store:)  Right now I've got Zebra and Animal Print.  Ladybugs, Polka-Dots and Chevron, Monsters and SuperHeros to come:)

My classroom basically looks like pintrest jumped out of the screen and landed in my room!! *WARNING* PIC Heavy Post

When you enter my classroom door, this is pretty much what you see.  


This is my classroom library and all the different shots of it:) It's probably my favorite spot in the room!
  
To create the pillows, I just printed a full page sized letter and cut it out to make a template. I ironed wonder-under onto the material.  I traced, cut and ironed the letters onto the pillows.  I used mod podge around the edges b/c I didn't have any frey check.  
I know I downloaded this from a blog of a Kinder teacher, but I can't find it.  If it's your creation, please let me know!

My great work spotted wall!  Again, inspired by   http://clutterfreeclassroom.blogspot.com/  

You'll find the text features at primarypunch.blogspot.com
You'll find the cute chevron cursive alphabet at
happyteacher.blogspot.com


I'm not finished with my Q of the Day (I put a header on it, but didn't like it. So I'll make a new one before school on Monday).  You can find the Q of the Day at one of my favorite 3rd grade blogs
teachingwhope.blogspot.com


You can find the clipchart at thecolorfulclassroom.blogspot.com
I got the hand signal signs from   http://clutterfreeclassroom.blogspot.com/  during the TpT sale
I also got the pieces on my focus wall from one of my fav 3rd grade blogs -
http://tonyastreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/


This is organized, for me.

My $3 find at wal-greens!  The other one won't open. I have to take it back tomorrow...
This was my 1st birdie.  He kind of inspired the room.
Above: Flower Stickers that I glued Magnets to!  Cutie
Inside my crates.  I put those HUGE erasers in there.  Pencils aren't a huge issue, but erasers are hard to come by in my classroom!
I labeled every table to match the Exit Ticket Poster.  

I found this pic online of a vinyl cling called Tree of Knowledge. I tried to re-make it using stickers from the Dollar Tree.  The Letters READ are from a Baby Shower Banner I found at Wal-Mart on Clearance for .55c!!  Sorry the pic isn't great, the one from the front had serious "glare".  Yes, I ran out of hot pink border, but luckily a friend down the hall bought light pink!  Normally I don't 2-tone.



The things hanging from the ceiling are killing me!  I feel claustrophobic.  I think they have about a week and then I'll take them down.  I know for many of you, a cute, pretty classroom is fairly easy to create but not for me!  It seriously took me weeks of planning and I think it looks great!!!  I'm a wonderful copy-catter!!!

14 comments :

Unknown said...

your classroom looks awesome! Love the way you used the pennants with the birds! They are my creation :)
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Em Hutchison said...

I love the color scheme. Blues and greens are my favorite!!

Em
curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

DFrideley said...

Thanks Nicole:) Your Welcome Pennants inspired my pennants over the window - so thanks for the idea!

DFrideley said...

Thanks Em, glad you like it. Everyone at school thinks it is very calming - we'll see;))

A Teacher Without a Class said...

I love it! I will order your prize tomorrow. I try not to buy things on Sunday!

Unknown said...

Very cute!!! I absolutely LOVE using wonder under! It is a magical lifesaver!!
We just found you and are not following and would love it if you want to stop by sometime!
Katie & Lisen
www.wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

DFrideley said...

Glad you stopped by! I downloaded your bookmarks from TpT and I'm going to use them this week:)

Unknown said...

Your room looks great! Love that great work spotted board. Thanks for linking up!

Swimming into Second

Kelly said...

Very cute room!

DFrideley said...

Thanks! One of my friends made that for me and I love it:)

DFrideley said...

Thanks so much! I like it alot.

Penny Lundquist said...

I love your room! Your bulletin boards are adorable!

DFrideley said...

Thanks! I love the focus wall, but I'm not good at keeping it up. Having it cute isn't helping either! I want it to stay cute and not cluttered.

Leigh- The Applicious Teacher said...

Too fun! I love the birds and the calming theme. Can you make me some pillows too?? LOL! Thanks for linking up!

Leigh
The Applicious Teacher