7/08/2013

A Pic Heavy Monday Made It

This Monday I'm super psyched to show off what I made.  If you were able to muster enough energy to craft this week...link up at 4th Grade Frolics.
I totally bought into the Mermaid Theme.  Luckily, I used blue and green last year...so most of my classroom stuff doesn't have to change too much.


Here goes-- this week is pic heavy...be warned!

Now that My Girl's hair is growing out, headbands don't stay in anymore.
So, I made them into hair clips!  Very easy.
You can buy the alligator clips from any hobby store or beauty supply store.
I went shopping!  If you read my blog, you know I hate it!
 I prefer to go with a friend just so I'm not bored, but my shopping buddy was out of town for the 4th.
I sent her pics instead!

No, I don't have a Cricut or a Silhouette, so I trace the letters from a printout and cut them by hand.
I love how this turned out.  They match the cute $2 pics from the dollar store!
You can't tell, but the pics are 3-D, not paper.
At my daughter's previous school, they often sent home her water paintings that were cut into a shape for the season. This gave me an idea!  When I saw this purple-turquoise-glittery painting... I knew it had to be a Mermaid!  The pictures really don't do them justice, they are all pretty cute.  The light blue one is really tiffany blue and she sparkles!  The others are a lime green with green, orange and pink striped bikini tops.


Finally, I stayed up WAY tooooo late finishing up my Monthly Newsletters.  I send home Weekly Newsletters with my homework, but they look basically like this.  Many of the teachers at my school have asked for a copy, so I made these.  They are editable, so you can even e-mail them!
This Little Piggy is planning on hitting up Office Max's Back-to-School Sale this week!  
Anyone else?

7 comments :

Jessica Goodrow said...

Love your sign! I've never seen glitter tape before, but it looks good and is probably way less messy than actual glitter. I have found the most washi tape at Michael's.

Jessica
Literacy Spark

Erika said...

Love the glitter tape. Where did you find that? You made some great things...especially for not having a cricut! The mermaid with your daughter's water painting is adorable!

Brittney C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittney C said...

Those clothes pins are sooooo cute! They will look fabulous with student work hanging! Everything looks great, so great it looks like you do have a cricut! :)
Brittney
www.teacherinspired.blogspot.com

D. Frideley said...

Thanks Jessica - we don't have a Michaels (maybe an hour away), but I'll try Hobby Lobby.

Erika - Wal-Mart.

Brittney - Thanks, I wish I had a cricut. I keep thinking I'm going to get one, but then I look at the pricey cartridges and say NO WAY! The silhouette is too pricey for my pocket. I think there is a scrapbook store around here-- I wonder if they have an old style die cut! That way I could cut letters much quicker!

I {Heart} Recess said...

Who needs a cricut when you can make things like that by hand!?! They look great, but do understand the time constraint.

If my cricut dies I am going for a sihouette, they are pricey but you can do much more without cartridges. In the long run I think they are cheaper.

Jess

I {Heart} Recess said...

Who needs a cricut when you can make things like that by hand!?! They look great, but do understand the time constraint.

If my cricut dies I am going for a sihouette, they are pricey but you can do much more without cartridges. In the long run I think they are cheaper.

Jess