Image Map

8/06/2012

Monday Made It (take 1) & a Great Prof. Dev. Day


I FINALLY get to do a "Monday Made It"! Yippie! I've been busy, but I have sooo much more to do. First, I made my table supply caddies. I didn't just cut and laminate a flower and put it on. I found 10 for $1 at the Dollar Tree. I mod podged it and added a sticker. Then, I put 2 pieces of velcro on the back. I want to be able to change my theme to tropical and still use them. I also found these awesome, matching trash holders (b/c I like kids to clean up after themselves, but I prefer that they don't get up while doing projects). I also made matching table signs. I will hang those.
Next, I jumped on the Duct Tape Band Wagon & made these...
A cute Attendance Board, Exit Ticket & Containers.

I also mod podged a "sharp pencil" container (I made an unsharp one too, but I don't like it).

I also made my classroom RULES.

I'm debating buying a laminator. I think I would use it, but I'm nervous to spend the $$. Yes, you should know this now, I'm CHEAP! So next week my goal is to finish stations, do a rotation board, mod podge my cork board, get all of my border and baskets!


I just returned from an all day training. It was a fabulous make & take by The Project Gals http://www.projectgals.com/products-page/ . They have some great ideas that I *BET* most of you in bloggie world will love! ALL hands-on projects based on Blooms Higher Levels of Learning! Gotta Love it.

4 comments :

Brandi said...

Your projects came out great! I bought a laminator about a month ago and LOVE it....one of the best purchases ever! I can laminate at night in my pj's and it's thicker than the school laminator!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade
Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

Amanda said...

Love the supply caddies! I definitely have to get mine all ready to use. This will be the first year I use them.. here's hoping I love it! :) As far as a laminator GET ONE!!! You will NOT regret it. I too am super super cheap, but could not be happier with my purchase. To be honest I think the one I got was 20 bucks from costco... I feel like they've really come down in price. I promise you'll love it.

Amanda
Reaching for the TOP!

Emily said...

I also got the $20 one from Costco - it comes with 100 sheets, and I love it too.

DFrideley said...

We don't have a Costco around here, but I do have a Walgreens & it's $27 w/2 pouches. Wishing I could find $20 w/100 pouches - that's a NO Brainer! Hubby told me this morning to buy it...I'm thinking I might!